Two cats and a donkey

Two cats and a donkey
A long time ago, in a little sunny and dusty town in Ro: Braila, The Chat stumbled upon a cat in a display window; to the cat's left, the sign says "We dye clothes"; the Chat has a toy-donkey in its right paw and smiles deviously at the cat; the cat enjoys a rare spring-sun behind a window one can't see in the picture; another lifetime.

samedi 15 octobre 2011

Universal Sign Language

So. I was out and runing this evening and not 10 seconds into my run I was nicely encouraged to continue by a couple of teenagers (I think): "Run, Forrest, run!".

Amazed by their culture and witticism, I was only able to reply a few seconds later, by that very eloquent third finger of our superior limbs.

How come one only feels smart when comparing oneself with others? "I am so intelligent, I must be, seeing as you're so stupid..."

It could be an effort to exist - make oneself aknowledge by another, be it just a passer-by. Too bad it was done by trying to hurt. I wonder if my aknowledging this phrase amounts to walking into their trap. Or made this sad encounter into a dialogue.

And yet I can't help but feel pretty great, as I rarely stand up for myself. It felt like a victory, like saying "Yep, heard ya, don't give a damn, go *duck yourself".

The Chat would eat a duck, but killing is against his beliefs. And against the law, here, in Paris.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire