Two cats and a donkey

Two cats and a donkey
A long time ago, in a little sunny and dusty town in Ro: Braila, The Chat stumbled upon a cat in a display window; to the cat's left, the sign says "We dye clothes"; the Chat has a toy-donkey in its right paw and smiles deviously at the cat; the cat enjoys a rare spring-sun behind a window one can't see in the picture; another lifetime.

mardi 1 février 2011

School Library

Just wanna say it's freaking cold, even though I'm just by the radiator - and by the window, it's true. My nose and my hands are cold and it's just another distraction from reading and writing, besides the fanfic :( ah bof, I love it anyways... back to reality.

When I was little and had my own room (oh yeah, the world is a big big place, but Paris isn't, so here one has to share in order to keep warm and dry), I used to ask my mother to leave a light on in the hall - after a while, I think she let it on even without my asking. The door to my room was tall and had a rectangular window just under the ceiling, through which light would pour into the room. The glass was blurry, but the light was there, and helped chase the monsters it created with the semi-darkness.

Nonetheless, I spent years bundled up in the covers before going to sleep because I was relunctant to leave even a small part of my body open to nocturnal, invisible attacks. I did leave my nose out, as it never occured to the child I was then that it is a more fragile and important limb than the toes.

You know, sometimes I don't like my mother. When she used to imply that I am no longer that child (loving, openly affectionate) because I don't like to hug and kiss her and have her do the same to me, for instance. I feel somehow that cut a bit my connection to who I was back then. And the small glimpses I still have of the past make me want to know that child better. But I can't, I am no longer him or her and I forgot so much about those times long gone. I remember sad things only, as if happines never was. But that's impossible. I don't remember the truth.

The Chat is chasing the warm

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire